Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fully Charged

This is John; I am one of those sixth graders at Chapel Hill Christian School.  Pastor Wilson is letting me write in the blog today.

I really like music.  Country, rock, gospel - almost anything.  I have an I pod to hold this music, so I can listen to it.

The thing is this I pod is six years old, and it's almost as big as a computer (not quite, but you know what I mean).  This I pod can only play two songs before running out of power.  I have to constantly keep it in the charger, or it won't work.

Of course, my I pod got me to thinkin'.  Without a main source of power my I pod won't work.  That's like it is in our lives.  If we don't stay plugged into God, our lives will start to break down. 

John 15:4 says, "Remain in Me and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

We don't always stay close to God. We may think we can live without Him.  If we try life without Him, things will begin to fall apart.  Just like my I pod without a charger, we need God's power to keep our lives rockin' and to be a light for Christ!

Let's pray over it!  Dear Lord, please help us stay connected to You and learn to love You more deeply each day.  In Jesus' name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment