Sunday, March 18, 2012

"MissrPassr"

Our very awesome Preschoolers at Chapel Hill Christian School couldn't get much cooler!

Mrs. Jennings and Mrs. Truthan do such a remarkable job teaching these three and four year olds about Jesus.

Something I found out about these little guys is that they interact with me like I was just another kid in their class.  I like that.  They do this minus one distinguishing feature: they have given me a title.

They call me MissrPassr Wilson.  How do they arrive at this foreign language?  Well, they know I'm Mister Wilson because there is a Mrs. Wilson, my wife, who teaches pre-kindergarten.  And they know that I am a pastor.  When they hook it all together and leave out those difficult "Ts", it comes out "missrpassr."

The amazing thing is that this title has been issued to me on both north and south campuses in preschool and the preschoolers never interact between campuses.  I guess it's a preschool thing!

One morning I was standing in the hall and heard, "MissrPassr Wilson, MissrPassr Wilson!" When I could find no person attached to the call, I thought maybe I was beginning to hear voices!  I was finally able, however, to locate the caller after the third "MissrPassr Wilson!"  There sticking her head out from underneath the stall in the bathroom was one of our precious preschoolers just tryin' to make a little conversation, cuz' she heard my voice in the hallway.

So you know that this kinda thing, gets me to thinkin'!  


These little people want to show their respect, so they say "Missr."  They also want to show love, affection and identity, so they say "Passr."


It's the kind of relationship into which God invites us through Christ.  First, there must be a holy awe of God as our creator.  Hebrews 12:28-29 comes to mind, "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire."


And, through Jesus, God invites us into friendship, as well.  Remember Jesus talking with His disciples about "Vines and Branches," when He said, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his mater's business.  Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from My Father I have made known to you."


If we have a "MissrPassr" in heaven, we ought to call out to Him from wherever we are and whenever we can.  These preschoolers are challenging us, aren't they?  If we hear God's voice, we ought to call back with reverence, awe and love to the One who loved us and gave Himself for us!


Let's pray about it!  Most Awesome and Holy Father, we want You to talk to us.  And when You do, we promise to listen and talk back.  Thank You for being our God and our Friend! In Jesus' name, Amen.


Proud of you,
MissrPassr Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment