Monday, October 17, 2011

MAS RAKSAB

Well, all of you take Spanish, so you know that "MAS" means "more."  So what's happened is I have another really cool example of a Random Act of Kindness or a Senseless Act of Beauty that I wanted to tell you about.

Yep, someday, you don't have to worry about this yet, but someday you'll get a new job.  When you do, you'll wonder if you're doin' your job well.  You may even worry about it some.  It may cause you to stay awake just thinkin' about it.  This kind of thinking will cause you to pray (the Bible says to pray with thanksgiving) and quote God's Word in your prayers.  That is the only thing that seems to help (Philippians 4:6-7).

Well, I was thinking thoughts like this about a month ago, and guess what happened?  A RAKSAB that's what!  A girl named Myra, who is one of our awesome fifth graders, sent me a note.  The note included some of her art work.  The words she wrote down there were very special to me.

She told me that she really appreciated all I was doing to make our school a good place.  She also said that she thought I was doing a really good job.  So Myra's note was a gift from God to me and an answer to my prayers, because it talked about exactly what I had been talking to God about.  A RAKSAB from Myra and a RAKSAB from God all at the same time!

Now if you've read other blog entries at this site, you know that this kind of thing gets me to thinkin' about God and His Word.  So I got to thinkin' about verses in Proverbs written by King Solomon, who was very wise.  He wrote a lot of verses about the power of words that help us think before we speak and then use our words for God's purposes.


We can always ask ourselves, "Are the words I am about to say or write kind?"  If we would just ask this simple question, we wouldn't say anything hateful or mean.  Proverbs 12:18 and 25 go along with this; listen: "Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing." And "Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up."

You see how it works?  Myra wrote kind words to me, a RAKSAB.  Her words were used to encourage me and build me up.  They are the kind of words that help someone keep going if he or she is tired or discouraged.

So here's what I want you to do: speak or write something kind to someone today or tomorrow.  Can you do it?

Let's pray that we will!  Dear Lord, will You bring someone across our paths that needs to be encouraged?  Then give us the courage to speak kind words into his or her life.  And remind us Lord, to always ask, "Is it kind?" before we speak, write or type.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


Proud of you,
Pastor Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment