Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kiss and Kissa

Chris and Krista were home this weekend.  Krista is my 21 year old daughter, who is married to Mr. Chris Thomas.  It's unbelievable isn't it?!  What's unbelievable?  ...That I could be old enough to have a daughter that is already married.  Well, it's true.

They live and work and go to school in Chicago at Moody Bible Institute and the University of Illinois. Yep, seems unbelievable.  Chris and Krista have a little friend in Chicago that can't pronounce their names together.  When he tries, he says, "Kiss and Kissa."

When "Kiss and Kissa" come home a wonderful thing happens.  They hug their brothers and sisters with very long and strong hugs.  They really enjoy telling each other what is happening in each of their lives.  They laugh a lot.

It got me to thinkin'!  So I wanted to ask you a question about brothers and sisters and friends at school.  Do you take time to enjoy them now?  Do you talk to them?  Do you give them long, strong hugs?  It's important you know.

A day will come when these people won't be around everyday.  You will miss them just like Johnny and Emma (the two kids still at my house) miss "Kiss and Kissa."  The Bible teaches that we are to love each other just like Jesus loved us.   In John 13:34-35 Jesus said,  "Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this all men will know you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Would you start to love your brothers and sisters and friends like this?  I think if you will, you'll be so glad you did.  Guess what else?  If I do this, I will be glad I did too!

Let's pray: Lord Jesus, teach us to love brothers, sister and friends like You do.  Help us talk together, laugh together and play and work together.   In Your name we pray, Amen.


Proud of you,
Pastor Wilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment