Monday, August 8, 2011

Still Moving!

Can you believe we're still moving?  I think we're getting really close to loading a big trailer that's parked in our yard and taking all our things to a house in Munroe Falls.  We can't wait to get settled in.

One problem: the vacuum stopped working.  That's not a good thing, cuz' you have a lot of old dirt to clean up when you're moving.  Every time we pick up something that hasn't been moved for a while we find dust, dirt and dog hair: the "three Ds".

The "three Ds" don't break the vacuum though.  When I took the vacuum apart to see what was wrong, I found other things.  Yep, there were rocks, airsoft gun pellets, Christmas tree needles, small nails, pins and of course plenty of the "three Ds".  While I'm sure the vacuum doesn't like to suck things that are other than the "three Ds", when we tried to suck up a lot of pine needles, pellets and pins, it simply said, "Nope, I quit!"

So I spent 30 minutes taking the vacuum apart and 30 minutes digging the "three Ds" and the "three Ps" out of the little hosy thing that goes from the vacuum sucker to the vacuum bag.  And guess what?  The vacuum is back in action!

Then I got to thinkin' that vacuum is a lot like my mind.  If I put things in it that work and that it can easily think through, it works fine.  When I try to put things in it that don't belong there, I just don't work right.  Do you know what I'm sayin'? 


That's why I've always liked Philippians 4:8, which I think I memorized in 5th grade at CHCS.  This is how it goes; let's see if I can still remember:  "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."  Yep, I still remember.

Hope you are thinking good things!

Looking forward to seeing you in 16 days!

Lord, Help us to think of You and Your goodness and grace as we get ready to be back @ school.  And let us take every one of our thoughts captive and make them obedient to You!

II Corinthians 10 :3-6

Proud of you,
Pastor Wilson 


No comments:

Post a Comment